Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is tomorrow. Which means:

Traffic!

I am driving to Boston, about 300km away. But Wednesday before Thanksgiving is one of the busiest driving days of the year. It could take 5 hours to get there!

Thanksgiving recalls the first harvest by the Pilgrams in North America. The native Indians had taught the Pilgrams how to survive the brutal winters and to thank them the organized a big feast at the end of the harvest season. 

According to legend, turkey was served. However, wild turkey is a very difficult bird to hunt and I read today that they more likely ate goose and duck.

Well, I'm not hunting so I hope there is turkey this year!

Happy Thanksgiving.

4 comments:

  1. Thanksgiving,I don't feel anything about it.I only feel thanks to my parents.the reason I like blogging is I feel free to say what ever I wanna say.I don't feel emberrased when I make mistake.I believe in god or gods ,really.Gods exist.I like to study differrent gods.go to different chuches,pagodas and mosqs.I feel guilty some times,the chuchman keep telling you about going to hell if you don't have good faith.the monks tell you about transform to animal or something if you kill or eat animals.muslim ask you to kneel on the floor and pray six time aday evetyday.mygod.I FEEL QUITE COMFUSED.We got plenty turky here but I never like them,too big.by looking at it don't feel it tasting.gtg,happy Thanksgiving.from amywen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi patrick. I'm sograstar. I 'm want spik ingles, but is dificult. help please. I live in Brazil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!Everyone .. My name is LiChenglong.I want to make some new friends. Because my English is too bad. I need help ! Please!
    My e-mail is "in3358226@qq.com" ,phone is
    13260119449 ,qq :"335822661"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had gone to my friend's house for thankgiving dinner. He roasted a turkey for us. It was tasting good with gravy.A lot of people ate turkey with cranberry sauce,but I don't like that kind of flavor.

    ReplyDelete